Monday, January 9, 2012

Road Block and Detours


Do you ever have days where it seems like you keep ending up on roads that come to a dead end or a detour no matter which direction you go? That was me today as I was running errands. Lots of road construction happening in an area of town where I needed to take care of a few projects. At one point I became so confused I ended up having to plug my destination into the GPS. I was very grateful it was one of those days where I had nothing but time and didn't feel stressed for needing to be at any particular location by a designated time.

As I meandered from street to street I thought about how nice it was to be able to go through this situation and remain calm and relaxed - just able to go with the flow. I watched as others became frustrated and were in several close call accidents. They looked like fish trying to swim against the current. As I neared one of my destinations I found it was almost completely blocked off unless I went further down the street, made a u-turn and came back from the other direction.


Photo Courtesy of Zero Dean - Arches National Park, Utah

I found myself thinking about how true this is with our life's path. So often we set out on our mapped out course just to find that the path we wanted to take is a dead end or we end up on a detour which requires us reconstruct our journey. There are even times that the detour can send us in a direction we never would have initially considered while bringing us better opportunities!

How we handle each roadblock and detour in our life determines our success in reaching our goals. The joy of life is not seeing how quick we can reach our destination; it's about enjoying the entire journey!

3 comments:

  1. Great post Christe! You are on my blogroll now! My readers are awaiting your next post...it has been a while! Keep on writing girl! Inspiring! Smiles...Lora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lora! And yes, you are right. I have been lax on my writing for far too long. Sometimes I question if I have anything of value to say when I'm headlong into my massive projects. However, perhaps even sharing those tasks will encourage others. ;-) Thanks for always being such a great supportive friend. Hugs! ~Christie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was enjoyable to read, thanks for posting it.



    Here is my page :: Bing (http://www.bing.com)

    ReplyDelete